Monday, April 11, 2011

Because I like giving credit where credit is due...

... I wanted to say exactly what made me rethink everything about makeup lately. All it took was one video tutorial and it was like my eyes opened to the possibility of me being able to do really cool eye make up on my wonky shaped eyes. Ok, so only one of them is wonky shaped, but I always felt like my eyes were the wrong shape to do cool makeup tricks.

So what video was it that changed everything for me? This one. MissChievous has the same eye shape as me. That may not be exciting to many people, but I always felt at a disadvantage when it came to trying smokey looks or anything that required serious crease work. Also, since it was one of her earlier videos, you can really see how much time she spends blending the colors and making sure things look right. It made me feel that pulling that look off was something I could actually do.

Now, I haven't yet done the Arab Peacock look, but I did do the Dior Summer Looks last night and was very proud of my results. Once I have a way of getting pictures onto this computer (my camera doesn't like synching with my laptop for some reason) I'll be adding results of the makeup styles that I do. This week, while my boyfriend is out of town for work, I'm going to go all out and spend a lot of time working on my makeup. And I will be doing the Arab Peacock look. I will also be doing a Sucker Punch inspired makeup look tonight as I'll be going to go see it with one of my friends.

Aside from the lovely MissChievous tutorials, I have been going over xsparkage videos for some great color inspiration and also checking out the adorable TheMakeupChair for her tutorials as well. They both have really useful tutorials for me to learn from. I will, however, not put an eyeliner pencil in my eye, close it, and move it all around for the"easiest possible way of doing tighlining". At least not yet while the thought terrifies me. Last but not least I also really like LetzMakeup and her tutorials, although her eye shape differs from mine so much I have a harder time being able to recreate what she does without having to do some modifications on my part.

Useful tips of the day: take cute pics of your puppies and send them to your boyfriend so he's not so miserable while on his trip. In terms of makeup, watch a ton of videos from a bunch of different artists. They each have their own way of applying makeup (from brush types to technique) and you'll get a good idea of what may be the best way for you to apply makeup on yourself or someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment