Sunday, April 10, 2011

Makeup can be expensive...

... especially if you're a klutz like me. And drop things. And then they break. And you're also obligated to replace them because they're the eyeshadows you need for your friend's wedding.

I've been wanting to try the Coastal Scents 88 palettes for a while. I knew they were cheap and I had heard they were really good but I'm not a big fan of buying things online. I finally stumbled across a tutorial video where they were using the 120 eyeshadow palettes from BH cosmetics and decided that it may be time to give in and buy makeup online. Not only that, but they had a sale on at the time (they seem to have a different one going on all the time). Around the same time I decided to try out some e.l.f. cosmetics since they have them at my local Target and I was very happy with most of the things I've tried so far. I haven't tried the eyeliner pen yet, but I'm hoping that it can replace the $20 one I got from Lorac that I wasn't too happy with.

Since my original purchase of the 120 palettes I have ordered the blush set, the contour set and the concealer set and I'm just waiting for them to come in the mail (this wednesday!). Even though they are very well priced, it still all adds up to be a nice chunk of money I've spent getting materials in the past month and a half. However, if I want to advance at all, I know I have to invest some money into it. I just wish it didn't have to be mine :-p

Useful tip of the day: Don't be stupid and drop things all the time. Also, it helps to keep most of the makeup on the floor next to you in a container so it's easy to reach while also not taking over your entire work space.

No comments:

Post a Comment