Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Plan

Trying to figure out exactly what to do with your life can be made easier by making a plan. In my case, making a plan usually sends me into an anxiety attack as the prospect of actually figuring out my life terrifies me. Since I'm trying to change that, I've decided to give making plans another shot. This time, I'm going to do more baby steps and worry about the big stuff a bit later on in the future. 

So for now, this is what I'm going to do:

  1. Practice doing makeup once a day, especially focusing on styling eyes.
  2. Actually follow a skin care routine past using a makeup removing towelette every once in a while
  3. Do my friends' makeup as often as possible.
Just to make sure I can stick to my plans, however easy they may seem, I need to figure out issues that may come up and possibly interfere with my plans.

  1. Every so often I participate in autocross, which means that I have to wake up about 4 hours earlier than I care for on a Sunday, I'm generally outdoors with no way to fix any makeup smudges that may occur and I also wear a helmet for about an hour's worth of time throughout the day. Not the most conducive for rocking some makeup but I'm going to take those days to practice very basic makeup looks that aren't very time consuming.
  2. I have very sensitive skin that reacts easily to harsh products. A lot of the time leaving my skin alone seems to be the way to go to keep it mostly under control but I do have the problem of having really dry skin, even during the summer months. As such, I still need to figure out a good skin care routine that works for me and doesn't make me break out all over
  3. My boyfriend lives really far away from everyone else, and since we pretty much live together already (making it official at the end of May), I'm at least a 30-40 min drive from my best friend and roommate. Add at least another 15-20 min if I'm going to be seeing my other close female friends. They also all have ridiculous school/work/school+work schedules so their free time tends to be on the more limited side. How do I deal with this issue? I MAKE THEM SPEND TIME WITH ME EVEN IF THEY DON'T WANT TO! HA! In all seriousness, I probably won't be able to do their makeup very often but I'm hoping to be able to do it at least once a week so I can practice doing makeup on someone else. Especially doing eyeliner, cause that s**t is HARD.
Now that I have a plan set up, it's time to set it into motion. I already did my makeup today and discovered that spring makes my eyes water so even primers don't prevent all smudging. Tip on how to fix that: keep your eyes open really wide so no one gets a chance to look at your smudged eyeshadow and liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment